As you know, iTunes is a great tool for managing and playing music, but some features like downloading album art, Genius are available for only those who have an iTunes Account. I love Apple products, but I don’t have credit card to sign-up for a free iTunes account. Luckily, I figured a loop-hole in their system. You can simply sign-up for App Store without a credit card, and get iTunes Account.
- Open iTunes and go to iTunes Store
- Navigate to App Store by clicking “App Store” link on the left-hand side menu.
- Next step is to purchase a free application by clicking on “Get App” link
- Create a new account, agree to the terms and condition, fill-up whatever they ask you.
- Now you should be able to see a new payment option “None”.
- Verify your account by clicking on the link sent through email.
You should be able to use Genius (depending on whether or not, it’s available in your country), and download album art for your library. I learnt of this trick on Apple Support Forum.
PS: Sorry for the irregular posting intervals. My board exams are on, and I’ve got lots of educational overheads to fulfill. I’ll be back with full enthusiasm within two weeks of time.