Microsoft has been working real hard on their online storage service SkyDrive. We were told by the SkyDrive Team that an update was coming, and here it is! They’ve increased the storage space for their free service from 5GB to 25GB, making it one among the largest free online storage providers. SkyDrive has opened up for 6 more regions and 13 more languages.
What’s new in SkyDrive:
- Free storage space increase to 25GB
- Windows Live Wave 3 look and feel
- Folders can now be entirely downloaded as ZIP file.
- SkyDrive users can now view photos in beautiful slide show.
- Share files with users who don’t have Windows Live ID
Previously, SkyDrive demanded users to login to their Windows Live ID to view shared stuff, but not anymore. You can share files and folder with anybody with a email address without requiring Windows Live ID. 25GB of free storage is massive indeed, but before you can think of using SkyDrive for backup, let me tell you that individual file size restriction is 50MB, that means your DVDs won’t fit there.