Airtel, India’s largest mobile network with insane number of subscribers came up with a new idea called SMS 2.0. It’s basically a mobile application dealing with text messaging.
Over a period of time everything (email, IMÃ¢â‚¬Â¦ etc) seem to be evolved, but SMS is still an old man’s postal mail with its dull and usual features. Airtel created SMS 2.0 with an intention to overcome the boring default text editor of your phone.
What is SMS 2.0?
SMS 2.0 is a free upgrade to your existing or default SMS application. Once installed, it enhances your messaging capabilities by replacing the existing application and including features like emoticons, colors etc. It can also deliver your favorite content to your mobile.
Follow these steps to get SMS 2.0 on your Airtel mobile phone:
- Go to Airtel SMS 2.0 page and click download SMS 2.0 for free.
- Now you will be prompted to enter your 10 digit Airtel number (Prepaid/Postpaid) in a pop up box.
- Once you enter and click send button, you will shortly receive a service message from Airtel
- Open up the service message and click the link to download Airtel sms 2.0 app. Note you need Airtel live to be activated before. If you haven’t activated send a message “alive” to 202, once activated send a message “live” to 2567 to get settings from Airtel.
- Once you downloaded, install the application and restart the phone. Now SMS 2.0 will be installed successfully in your phone replacing your default SMS editor.
- Whenever you read a message a small box is placed below it which shows your favorite content from Airtel. When you click the box, it gets maximized and you can read more about it. Currently there are 12 categories like Cricket, Movies, Jokes, Music, Sports, Fun & Games, News, Lifestyle, Travel & Food, InfoTech, Business and Spirituality.
Snippet: Airtel simultaneously uses the box to display ads related to the categories. Unfortunately this application and service is available only for Airtel (Prepaid/Postpaid) subscribers all the states and compatible with Nokia (GPRS enabled phones) handsets only. Others have to wait until they build an application for your phone.
Also by installing this application, they prompt you to register. By registering you create a SMS 2.0 profile which tells your age, gender and content preferences. So they can customize content for you.
Guest Post by: Sankar Anand